Stop everything! I found the greatest cake recipe of all time. It’s sweet, fruity, and perfect for the beginnings of spring. What is this magical cake, you ask? Lemon blueberry crumb cake.
I found the recipe on Barbara Bakes, and I’ve gotta say, Barbara knows what’s up.
Are you ready to crumble?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of softened, unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
The cake is moist, buttery, and bright. The perfect summer dish, and even passable as an almost-healthy breakfast. I mean there are blueberries in it, so it has to be healthy. Right?
For the full recipe, hope on over to Barbara Bakes!