I was watching Best Thing I Ever Made the other day — the Food Network show that forces famous chefs to tell you them most delicious food they’ve ever eaten while all you have in your refrigerator is expired Greek yogurt and brown bananas. Without fail, the show always leaves me hungry, jealous, and ready to cook.
In this particular episode, Alton Brown described a mushroom stroganoff recipe that sounded like heaven. In that instant, I decided the dish would be my next cooking endeavor. Here’s the recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 bag wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 portabella mushrooms (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 scallions (sliced and green and white ends separated)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 14 oz can of beef broth
- 8 oz container non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper